Choosing the best roofing material is not as easy as buying a kitchen cabinet, deck, hot tub, or car. However, it is the most important building element that protects the homeowner’s most important property: their family and home.
Therefore, the following elements must always be considered in product selection:
1. DURABILITY. A typical roof lasts about 20 years while another lasts from 50 to 100 years and basically the longer it is used the lower the cost for you. Therefore, it is best to choose a roof with a lasting quality.
2. ENERGY SAVINGS. The best insulation options meet the energy codes, thermal requirements and performance requirements well in the long run. Choosing the best insulation can significantly reduce your energy bill and reduce carbon dioxide, sulfur dioxide, and nitrogen oxide emissions.
3. FIRE RESISTANCE. Precautions are an important component for maintaining the security of your property. Choose a product that is rated fireproof class A or B because the idea of a fire safe roof is the number one investment you can make to protect your home.
4. WIND RESISTANCE. Strong winds are the main source of roof damage.
It can lift up roofing material or damage it with debris flown from other places.
Better yet, install a windproof roof.
5. PRODUCT RECYCLING / RE-USE. A number of roofing materials are made with recycled materials. Recycled materials can reduce factory energy consumption and make useful materials not wasted in landfills. Save your home. Save your planet.
Regardless of the type of roofing material you choose, the most important thing is the right installation. This is important because without a quality installation, the roof will not last long. You need to hire an experienced and knowledgeable roofing contractor to help you.…Read More